We are looking for an experienced laboratory professional to work as Supervisor, at Keneba Laboratories. The post-holder will be based at Keneba and responsible for the implementation of laboratory activities and operations in compliance with ISO15189 quality standards. S/he will work with the laboratory Managers, Senior Scientists, and other key staff to provide training, technical troubleshooting, and assay development towards quality assured for research and clinical trials. The post holder will also work with the Keneba Lab Manager to support satellite labs in and around Farafenni and ensure compliance with quality laboratory standards.
- MSc in Biomedical Science and/or other professional qualification in a relevant field.
- Substantial experience working in a research laboratory environment.
- Strong background in multi-disciplinary laboratory techniques,
- Basic technical knowledge of the pieces of laboratory equipment and being able to troubleshoot with the biomedical engineering department and contract service engineers.
- Excellent written and spoken English and excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office applications).
- Knowledge and Experience of the standards/ guidelines/ regulations applicable to different laboratories’ working practices towards GCLP/ISO 15189 accreditation.
- Previous experience working in an ISO15189/GCLP/GLP environment.
- Proven experience in managing staff and laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of current literature, techniques, diagnostic tools, and equipment applicable to the various laboratories.
- Willingness to work in other MRCG at LSHTM sites to provide Technical and Quality support.
- The ability to manage large and complex data and take initiative.
- The ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, and willingness to work flexible hours.
- The ability to develop and implement SOPs and WOIs for laboratory processes in GCLP/ISO15189 compliant format.
- Experience working in a laboratory that routinely conducts diagnostics in support of clinical trials or patient management.
- Experience in working and supporting external projects.
- Good communication and written skills with people at all levels within the organisation.
- The ability to contribute to the writing of scientific articles if required.
- The ability to manage large and complex data.
The salary will be paid in Grade 3, 28 Points of MRCG at LSHTM’s payscale.
We cannot accept applications from individuals who are currently or were in the last six months, employed by The Gambia Government.
The appointment will be for 3 years initially and subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
To apply, review the job description and download the application form.
Please email a completed application form and relevant qualifications to email@example.com.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 7 June 2023.
MRCG at LSHTM is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates a strict no-smoking policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted