We are looking for an Assistant Biomedical Engineering Technologist that undertakes core services on general-level biomedical technologies but will also take leading responsibilities on complex and specialists areas of technologies (centrifuges, incubators, water purifiers, pipettes, and minor clinical and laboratory equipment with very minimum supervision across the MRCG at LSHTM. The post-holder will directly supervise students and support other specialists’ areas of technology as directed, which will allow for the optimization of the MRC Unit The Gambia research programs, and services.
- A level 2 city and guilds certificate or diploma in electronic technology
(note: certificates in Biomedical Engineering will be considered equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability to encounter, self-educate, and communicate to others the operation of basic and general-level biomedical technologies.
- Ability and willingness to work with minimal direction and supervision in sometimes remote locations in the performance of defined duties.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cooperatively in a team.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Willingness to work outside of working hours as the need arises.
- Ability and willingness to travel up-country and out-of-country as required.
- A minimum of 6 months experience working in the biomedical engineering field.
- Previous experience as an attachment student in MRC Biomedical Engineering and understanding of the work of MRC.
The salary attached to the post is in Grade 6, 16 Points of MRCG at LSHTM payscale.
We cannot accept applications from individuals who are currently, or in the last six months, employed by The Gambia Government.
The appointment is for 3 years initially and will be subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
To apply, review the job description and download the application form.
Please email a completed application form and relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 7 June 2023.
MRCG at the LSHTM is an equal opportunities employer and operates a strict no-smoking policy.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted