Why do LGBT Communities take so many drugs?
General population probability surveys are now confirming what opportunistic surveys and anecdotal evidence have suggested for some time - sexual minorities are much more likely to consume a wide array of psychoactive substances. This seminar will review the evidence on the scale of these differences, explore a number of theories as to why this is the case, and suggest what appropriate responses of policy and services may be.
Also in the series:
- Monday 8th - Global LGBTI Rights & the Right to Health
- Wednesday 10th - Paris is Burning
- Thursday 11th – Gender Identities & Public Health
- Tuesday 16th – What is the best sex with the least harm?
- Tuesday 23rd – ‘The Circle’ as part of the Out on Tuesday film series