Dr Gaurang Nazar
Research Degree Student
Currently affiliated with the Public Health Foundation of India, New Delhi as a Wellcome Trust supported Doctoral Fellow. Also affiliated as Research Manager with a not-for-profit organization, HRIDAY, New Delhi. Trained in clinical medicine (MBBS) from South Gujarat University, India in 2005 and population health (MSc) from University of Wollongong, Australia in 2008. Additional training includes NIH funded junior faculty fellowship at Emory University, Atlanta, for NCD related research support in 2010.
I have been involved in NCD related research projects since 2008, particularly in the field of tobacco and alcohol control and childhood obesity in India.
- Nazar GP, Lee J, Arora M, Millett C. Socioeconomic inequalities in secondhand smoke exposure at home and at work in fifteen low- and middle-income countries. Nicotine & Tobacco Research 2015. doi: 10.1093/ntr/ntv261.
- Nazar GP, Lee J, Glantz SA, Arora M, Pearce N, Millett C. Association between being employed in a smoke-free workplace and living in a smoke-free home: Evidence from 15 low and middle income countries. Preventive Medicine 2014;59:47-53.
- Gupta VK, Arora M, Sharma I, Nazar GP, Modi B, Singh D, Millett C, Reddy KS. Knowledge and opinion about smoke-free laws and second-hand smoke among hospitality venue managers in Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh, India. WHO South-East Asia Journal of Public Health. 2013;2:174-180.
- Arora M, Tewari A, Grills N, Nazar GP, Sonrexa J, Gupta VK, Moodie R, Reddy KS. Exploring perception of Indians about plain packaging of tobacco products: a mixed method research. Frontiers in Public Health 2013;1:35.
- Arora M, Nazar GP. Prohibiting tobacco advertising, promotions & sponsorships: Tobacco control best buy. Indian Journal of Medical Research 2013;137:6-9.
- Nazar GP, Gupta VK, Millett C, Arora M. Tobacco Imagery in Bollywood Films: 2006-2008. Heart Asia 2013;5:44-46.
- Arora M, Tewari A, Dhawan P, Nazar GP, Juneja NS, Stigler MH, Perry CL, Reddy KS. Discussions with adults and youth to inform the development of a community based tobacco control programme. Health Education Research 2013;28:58-71.
- Arora M, Nazar GP, Gupta VK, Perry CL, Reddy KS, Stigler MH. Association of breakfast intake with obesity, dietary and physical activity behavior among urban school-aged adolescents in Delhi, India: results of a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2012;12:881.
- Shrivastav R, Nazar GP, Stigler MH, Arora M. Health Promotion for Primordial Prevention of Tobacco Use: Lessons Learnt. Global Heart. 2012;7:143-150.
- Nazar GP, Arora M, Gupta VK, Singh D, Sargent JD. Exposure to alcohol in Bollywood movies and its impact on alcohol use among urban Indian adolescents. Circulation 2012;125:e703-704. (Abstract Only)
- Arora M, Tewari A, Nazar GP, Gupta VK, Shrivastav R. Ineffective Pictorial Health Warnings on Tobacco Products: Lessons Learnt From India. Indian Journal of Public Health 2012;56:61-64.
- Reddy KS, Yadav A, Arora M, Nazar GP. Integrating Tobacco Control into Health and Development Agendas. Tobacco Control 2012;21:281-86.
- Arora M, Mathur N, Gupta VK, Nazar GP, Reddy KS, Sargent JD. Tobacco use in Bollywood movies, tobacco promotional activities and their association with tobacco use among Indian adolescents. Tobacco Control 2012;21:482-487.
- Arora M, Gupta VK, Nazar GP, Stigler MH, Perry CL, Reddy KS. Impact of tobacco advertisements on tobacco use among urban adolescents in India: results from a longitudinal study. Tobacco Control 2012;21:318-24.
- Arora M, Tewari A, Tripathy V, Nazar GP, Juneja NS, Ramakrishnan L et al. Community Based Model for Preventing Tobacco Use Among Disadvantaged Children and Adolescents in Urban Slums in India. Health Promotion International 2010;25:143-52.