Dr James Milner
BSc MSc PhD
15-17 Tavistock Place
My research involves applied mathematical modelling of environmental interventions and their impacts on human health, with a particular focus on climate change mitigation actions in urban areas.
I lecture and act as a personal tutor on the MSc Public Health.
I currently supervise doctoral students working on the following topics:
- Urban greenspace and respiratory health
- Air pollution and respiratory health in an occupational setting in Ghana
- Multi-criteria decision analysis (MCDA) to support 'nutrition-sensitive' agriculture
- The health impacts of particle filtration to reduce PM2.5 in residences
I currently work on the following projects and initiatives:
- Advancing School Performance: Indoor environmental quality, Resilience and Educational outcomes (ASPIRE), funded by EPSRC
- Assessing Mitigation Pathways to Realise Public Health Benefits of Air Pollutant Emission Reductions from Agriculture (AMPHoRA), funded by NIHR
- Complex Urban Systems for Sustainability and Health (CUSSH), funded by the Wellcome Trust's Our Planet Our Health scheme
- Health impact evaluation of the Irish Government's Warmth and Wellbeing pilot home energy efficiency scheme
- The Lancet Countdown, which is tracking global progress on climate change and health