Dr Bilal Iqbal
Clinical Associate Professor
I am a medical doctor, epidemiologist and public health practitioner with extensive experience over 25 years in Asian and African countries, including India, Pakistan, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia and Nigeria. I offer a broad base of expertise in several complementary areas of research and postgraduate teaching, including mother and child health (MCH) and health system research, especially improving service delivery in low- and middle-income countries
-Departmental Research Degree Coordinator
- Co-Programme director for DL Epidemiology-
- Module Co-organiser for Social Epidemiology
- Regularly delivers lectures and conducts tutorials
- Personal tutor to students in MSc Global Mental Health.
- Supervising MSc student projects.
- On the examination board for Public Health for Development.
The focus of my research has been implementation science and operational research: and I am particularly interested in developing and evaluating health system interventions to provide quality of care evidence for research-based decisions underpinning maternal and child health policies and services.