Alumni-to-student mentoring scheme
The School is running a pilot alumni-to-student mentoring scheme, involving the following three programmes:
- MSc Public Health for Development
- MSc Epidemiology by Distance Learning
- PhD (Faculty of Public Health)
We are recruiting a team of energetic and well-networked alumni mentors to support students to get the most out of their studies, discuss career aspirations and build their confidence.
Mentoring meetings can take place face-to-face, by telephone or through video calling. We ask mentors to meet mentees at least four times over the academic year. Each meeting should take at least 45 minutes.
For more information please contact Alice Perry, Head of Alumni and Annual Giving at LSHTM, by email at email@example.com.
Other ways of engaging
If you are not selected, or if you study for a degree not included in the pilot, there are many other ways students can engage with alumni. These include:
- attending the alumni-student networking events at LSHTM;
- attending our alumni or chapter events (all events are open to staff and students);
- attending a lunchtime career talk;
- contacting our international alumni chapters around the world to build your network and hear about their events and activities; and
- following the Alumni Office on social media for alumni news, features and interviews.