How to Apply
|Applications are now open|
Applicants applying for a Research Degree (MPhil/PhD or DrPH) are recommended to contact potential supervisor(s) prior to submitting a formal application.
Applications should be submitted online. (Please note: paper application forms are available upon request from the Registry and will normally incur an administration fee of £50).
- Please make sure you have read and understood the online application guidance notes [pdf] which will take you through the online application process step-by-step.
- Research Degree applicants should ensure they read the Research Degree application guidance.
- Applicants encountering issues registering or logging into the online application portal are advised to read our online application FAQs
Applicants are permitted to submit one application form only per admissions cycle. Master's degree applicants can select up to four programme choices; these will be processed according to your stated preference.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure availability of a place and a timely decision on their application. This is particularly important for applicants with sponsorship deadlines.
The final closing date for taught Master’s applications is as follows:
- 11th August 2016 by midnight British Summer Time (BST) for international applicants requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa, and
- 29th August 2016 by midnight British Summer Time (BST) for applicants not requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa.
There is no formal closing date for Research degree applications. However, applicants are encouraged to submit their application as early as possible, particularly if intending to apply for funding.
Applicants planning to apply for funding from the School for either a taught Master's or Research Degree programme should ensure they are aware of the closing dates of the various funding opportunities. Please check the funding section of our website for full details.
Once you have submitted your application the Admissions Team will make an assessment on your fee status. You will be informed of the assessment if an offer of admission is made. Please note that the School will not confirm an applicant's fee status if they have yet to submit an application. Further details on how an applicant's fee status is assessed can be found at www.ukcisa.org.uk.