How to Apply
|Please note: MSc applications are now closed for 2016/17 academic year. Applications for the 2017/18 academic year will open in November.|
Please consult the Master's and Research Degrees programme information sections to view individual programme details, programme specifications, research subject areas and guidance on individual programme entry requirements.
Applicants to Research Degree programmes (MPhil/PhD or DrPH) are recommended to contact potential supervisor(s) prior to submitting a formal application to the School.
Applications should be submitted online. (Please note: paper application forms are available upon request from the Registry and will normally incur a £50.00 administration fee).
- Please make sure you have read and understood the online application guidance notes which will take you through the online application process step-by-step.
- Research Degree applicants should ensure they read the Research Degree application guidance.
- Applicants encountering issues registering or logging into the online application portal are advised to read our online application FAQs
Applicants are permitted to submit one application form only per admissions cycle. Master's degree applicants can select up to two programme choices; these will be processed according to the selection order.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure availability of a place and a timely decision on their application. This is particularly important for applicants with sponsorship deadlines.
The final closing date for taught Master’s applications for entry in the 2016/17 academic year is as follows:
- 11th August 2016 by 23:59pm British Summer Time (BST) for international applicants requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa, and
- 29th August 2016 by 23:59pm British Summer Time (BST) for applicants not requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa.
There are three registration entry points to MPhil/PhD research degree programmes at the School throughout each academic year. These fixed registration entry points coincide with the start of each of the School's academic terms. Applicants are required to select their preferred registration entry point when they submit their application. However, please note, entry at a preferred entry point is not guaranteed.
The final closing dates for submission of a research degree application for an applicant's preferred entry registration point in the Spring or Summer academic term are as follows:
- January 2017 Entry - Application deadline of 21st November 2016 by 23:59pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT); and
- April 2017 Entry - Application deadline of 13th March 2017 by 23:59pm Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
Please note, applications submitted after the advertised dates will be considered for the subsequent term's registration entry point (eg, an application submitted on 22nd November 2016 will be considered for April 2017 entry). Additionally, the above deadlines are indicative of the minimum timeframe required to process a complete research degree application from start to finish and do not guarantee entry at the next registration entry point.
The DrPH degree programme has one fixed entry point at the start of the Autumn term.
Applicants planning to apply for funding from the School for either a taught Master's or Research Degree programme should ensure they are aware of the closing dates of the various funding opportunities. Please check the funding section of our website for full details.
- Taught Postgraduate (MSc) Admissions Policy - 2017/18 Entry
- Taught Postgraduate (MSc) Admissions Policy - 2016/17 Entry
- Postgraduate Research Degrees Admissions Policy - 2016/17 Entry