How to Apply
|Please note: MSc applications are now closed for 2016/17 academic year. Applications for the 2017/18 academic year will open in November.|
Please consult the Master's and Research Degrees programme information sections to view individual programme details, programme specifications, research subject areas and guidance on individual programme entry requirements.
Applicants to Research Degree programmes (MPhil/PhD or DrPH) are recommended to contact potential supervisor(s) prior to submitting a formal application to the School.
Applications should be submitted online. (Please note: paper application forms are available upon request from the Registry and will normally incur a £50.00 administration fee).
- Please make sure you have read and understood the online application guidance notes which will take you through the online application process step-by-step.
- Research Degree applicants should ensure they read the Research Degree application guidance.
- Applicants encountering issues registering or logging into the online application portal are advised to read our online application FAQs
Applicants are permitted to submit one application form only per admissions cycle. Master's degree applicants can select up to two programme choices; these will be processed according to the selection order.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to ensure availability of a place and a timely decision on their application. This is particularly important for applicants with sponsorship deadlines.
The final closing date for taught Master’s applications is as follows:
- 11th August 2016 by midnight British Summer Time (BST) for international applicants requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa, and
- 29th August 2016 by midnight British Summer Time (BST) for applicants not requiring a Tier 4 Student Visa.
There are three entry points to MPhil/PhD research degree programmes throughout each academic year, which coincide with the start of the School's academic terms. The final closing dates for submission of Postgraduate Research degree applications for the Spring and Summer terms are as follows:
- January 2017 Entry - 28th November 2016 by midnight British Summer Time (BST); and
- April 2017 Entry - 20th March 2017 by midnight British Summer Time (BST).
The DrPH degree programme has one fixed entry point at the start of the Autumn term.
Applicants planning to apply for funding from the School for either a taught Master's or Research Degree programme should ensure they are aware of the closing dates of the various funding opportunities. Please check the funding section of our website for full details.
- Taught Postgraduate (MSc) Admissions Policy - 2017/18 Entry
- Taught Postgraduate (MSc) Admissions Policy - 2016/17 Entry
- Postgraduate Research Degrees Admissions Policy - 2016/17 Entry