February 2013 podcast - cancer survival, mosquito resistance, TB research
How does cancer survival vary across the world? Are mosquitoes becoming resistant to DEET? And how effective is the BCG vaccination?
Our February 2013 podcast explores all these questions and includes:
- Professor Michel Coleman discussing the CONCORD study into cancer survival
- Dr Nina Stanczyk on her latest research into mosquitoes changing resistance to DEET
- Professor Hazel Dockrell on the effectiveness of the BCG vaccination.
Extended interviews from this month's podcast
- Nina Stanczyk - changing resistance to DEET in mosquitoes - video
- Hazel Dockrell - TB research and the effectiveness of vaccination - podcast
- Michel Coleman - CONCORD study and international comparisons of cancer survival - podcast