Right to Work
Immigration and Right to Work
These pages are about UK immigration law relating to visitors and staff employment. They are designed to help make it easy for departments to ensure that new staff have the right to work in the UK, and to select and appoint candidates from outside the EEA. They also explain the processes to follow under the points-based immigration system. Following this guidance will help departments to stay within the law when dealing with immigration issues and it will also ensure that appointments go smoothly.
This guidance is primarily aimed at School staff with duties relating to the recruitment and ongoing management of staff and visitor matters. However, there is also a section for prospective and current non-EEA staff and visitors.
This guidance includes:
- How to undertake right to work checks
- Immigration routes for visitors to the School (Business and Academic Visitors, Permitted Paid engagements and Tier 5 visitors)
- Employing EEA and Swiss Nationals
- Employing non-EEA Nationals
- Ongoing responsibilities of institutions during employment of migrants
- Extensions and leave to remain in the UK
If in any doubt at all about any aspect of immigration and right to work checks then please contact your HR team for further assistance before proceeding.
Please visit the pages below for more information: