The School has a wide range of Family-Friendly Policies - see our Summary of Family Friendly Policies (pdf) - including a Childcare Voucher Scheme, paternity leave and flexible working arrangements. For details of each policy please view the relevant document listed below.
- Carer Leave (pdf)
- Compassionate Leave (pdf)
- Flexible Working Arrangements: Policy and Procedure (pdf)
- Maternity and adoption leave: policy and procedure (pdf)
- Parental Leave (pdf)
- Shared Parental Leave Policy - all documents (pdf)
- Form 1: Notification to End Maternity/Adoption Leave (Word)
- Form 2: Declaration of Entitlement to Shared Parental Leave (Word)
- Form 3: Request to Book (or Vary) Shared Parental Leave (Word)
- Template Letter: Invite to discuss discontinuous Shared Parental Leave Request (Word)
- Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
- Paternity Pay and Leave (pdf)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme - Please contact Payroll or visit the Payroll intranet (staff only) for further information about the scheme
- Equality and Diversity
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine embraces and values the diversity of its staff and student population and seeks to promote equality as an essential element in enhancing the School's contribution on the improvement of health worldwide. The School has a range of equality policies including Supporting Disabled Staff and Dignity at Work and Study.
- Athena Swan
The Athena SWAN Charter recognises commitment to advancing women's careers in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM) employment in higher education. The School is fully committed to the Charter and was awarded a Bronze award in 2012 which was renewed in 2014. The faculties of Epidemiology & Population Health and Infectious & Tropical Diseases also have Bronze awards and the Faculty of Public Health & Policy has a Silver award.