Equality and Diversity
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine embraces and values the diversity of its staff and student population and seeks to promote equality as an essential element in enhancing the School's contribution on the improvement of health worldwide.
The School has a range of policies including Supporting Disabled Staff, Dignity at Work and Study, and a range of data relating to staff composition and the School Equality Objectives.
The LSHTM Equality & Diversity Strategy has been reviewed by the Equality & Diversity Committee in May 2016. It covers all staff, students and visitors to the School and aims to provide a working, learning and social environment which is supportive and inclusive.
The School holds the disability symbol and is also a Stonewall Diversity Champion. The Director, Professor Baron Peter Piot, says "I am pleased and proud that the School has joined Stonewall's Diversity Champion programme. I believe strongly that we should made the School the best workplace we can be for everyone, and Stonewall will help us achieve this."
Athena SWAN Charter
Recognising advancement of gender equality: representation, progression and success for all. The Charter has now been expanded to recognise work undertaken in professional support roles, and for trans staff and students. More information on Athena SWAN can be found on the Athena SWAN pages of the School's website and on the Athena SWAN website.
Policies and Reports
- Statement on Global Working (pdf)
- Equal Pay Review Report
- Equal Pay Review Tables
- Equal Pay Policy Statement
- Equality and Diversity Policy Statement
- Guidance on Starting Salaries
- Dignity at Work and Study
- Harassment and Bullying Leaflet
- Gender Reassignment and Trans Equality Policy
- Review of the Disability Symbol 2015 (pdf)
- Disability Statement
- Disability Equality Scheme
- Supporting Disabled Staff at Work Policy and the Reasonable Adjustment Request Form
LGBT and friends staff and students mailing list
LGBT and friends, staff and students, can sign up to an e-mail list to stay informed about LGBT-related social, support and academic activities. If you wish to receive information please e-mail email@example.com and you will be subscribed to the mailing list. To ensure confidentiality of those who sign up to the list, all e-mails sent out from this e-mail address will be BCCed.
The Equality Act 2010
- Requirements of the Equality Act 2010
- Complying with the Equality Act
- School Equality Objectives 2013 - 2014
Equal Opportunities School Data
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2002 & 2003
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2004
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2005
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2006
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2007
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2008
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2009
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2010
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2011
- LSHTM Equal Opportunities Employment Data: 2012-13 (pdf)
- LSHTM Equality Data: 2008/2009 to 2010/2011
- LSHTM Distance Learning Student Data: 2005-2012
- Guidance on gender segregation at lectures: Guidance from the Equality & Human Rights Commission