Maternal & Child Health Intervention Research Group
Research is focussed on informing priority policy issues and has four main strands:
- Cluster randomised trials of community-based strategies to improve newborn and child survival, growth and development.
- Definitive trials of vitamin A supplementation.
- Tackling gaps in evidence to enable effective decision making for maternal, newborn and child health policies and programmes.
- Mental health including postnatal depression.
Delivering key interventions through community-based strategies: Our approach
- Formative research to design strategy
- Pilot and Revise
- Evaluate through cluster randomised trials
SPRING: Integrated intervention to maximise child survival, growth & development in India & Pakistan
NEWHINTS: Improving newborn survival through community volunteer home visits to promote key newborn practices and assess and refer sick newborns to improve newborn survival, Ghana
inSCALE: Integrated community case management of common childhood diseases, Uganda & Moçambique: Innovations to improve performance