New workshops will be added to the list as they are confirmed so please check back regularly.
eHealth and NCDs
Date: Tuesday September 4, 2012 from 10.00 to 12.30
LSHTM venue: Lucas Room, Keppel Street
The Centre for Global Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) invites you to a meeting to discuss ongoing projects and identify areas of common interest for future proposals.
(1) Cari Free: An overview of the evidence base for m- health- results from a systematic review of RCTs
(2) Shah Ebrahim: mWELLCARE – An integrated mHealth system for the prevention and care of chronic conditions
(3) Seyi Soremekun: Can mobile technology improve treatment delivery, motivation and retention of community based workers in Uganda and Mozambique at scale?
(4) Andrew Bastawrous: Smartphone apps for eye diseases in resource-poor settings
(5) Philippe Verstraete: Examples of the use of mobile phone technology for improved malaria case management and supply chain management
(6) Use of mobile text messaging and an electronic medication monitor in TB case management across for provinces in China: a cluster randomised controlled trial.
(7) Katherine Fielding: Use of mobile phone technology for data capture in a cluster randomised controlled trial conducted in South Africa to assess whether a new TB diagnostic can reduce mortality among patients suspected of TB
11:45-12:30 Discussion & next steps
If you would like to make a short presentation about an eHealth project you are involved during this meeting please contact us at globalNCD@lshtm.ac.uk
Admission: Free and open to all with no ticket required. Entry is on a first come, first served basis.
28 March 2012
Global asthma studies