Alumni Volunteers Programme
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine Alumni can sign up as official volunteers by registering their details with our volunteers database.
How does it work?
Volunteers can become involved with any of the following activities. If you sign up as a volunteer we will contact you about relevant volunteering opportunities in your area.
- Helping with alumni events, for example helping to promote alumni events or helping to staff the registration desk
- Helping us reconnect with "lost" alumni by encouraging all your friends to register their details with the Alumni Community
- Joining your local Alumni Chapter or setting up a new Chapter if you don't have one in your area
- Helping at Student Recruitment events by talking with prospective students and sharing your experiences of studying at the School
- Answering emails from prospective students interested in studying your degree
- Distributing promotional literature, putting up posters etc about the School in your place of work/study
- Providing the us with a personal profile that can be used in promotional literature
- Registering your employment details and completing a LSHTM Careers Questionnaire (DOC 0.32 MB)
- Acting as an advocate within your organisation for the School when vacancies arise; for example by asking your recruitment division to advertise via the Careers Service
- Signing up to our Career Mentoring Scheme, which allows students to email alumni who are employed in career sectors that are of interest to them to find out more about these sectors and tips about how to get a foot in the door (for further information about the Career Mentoring Scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Development Office would like to engage with alumni who are keen to promote awareness and development of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. Alumni volunteers may be asked to help the School when relevant with the following functions:
- Offering suggestions of potential sources of corporate, individual or foundation donations
- Raising awareness of the School by attending public health and philanthropic events as agreed with Volunteers and the Development Office and networking with potential donors or contacts that may be able to open doors to donors
- Attending meetings with prospective individual, corporate or foundation donors to promote the School. We would ask for such an active meeting to be almost always with a member of a faculty or Development team and the Volunteers would be properly briefed and prepared.
How to sign up
If you would like to volunteer to help us with any of the activities above please get in touch! To sign up as an official Alumni Volunteer please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV. We will contact you upon receipt of your email and will add your details to the database. For further information or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)20 7299 4772.