Alumni Volunteer Programme
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine Alumni can sign up to be official volunteers for the School. All you need to do is register your details on our volunteer database.
How does it work?
Volunteers can become involved with a number of activities. If you sign up as a volunteer we will contact you about relevant volunteering opportunities in your area.
- Help with alumni events, for example helping to promote events or helping out at events in your area
- Help us reconnect with "lost" alumni by encouraging your friends to register their details with the Alumni Community
- Join your local Alumni Chapter or set up a new Chapter there isn't one in your area
- Help at Student Recruitment events by talking with prospective students and sharing your experiences of studying at the School
- Answer emails from prospective students interested in studying your degree
- Distribute promotional literature, for example putting up posters about the School in your place of work/study
- Provide us with a personal profile that can be used in promotional literature
- Register your employment details and complete a LSHTM Careers Questionnaire (DOC 0.32 MB)
- Act as an advocate within your organisation for the School when vacancies arise; for example by asking your recruitment division to advertise via the Careers Service
- Sign up to our Career Mentoring Scheme, which allows students to email alumni who are employed in career sectors that are of interest to them to find out more about these sectors and receive advice about how to get a foot in the door (for further information about the Career Mentoring Scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Development Office would like to engage with alumni who are keen to promote awareness and development of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. Alumni volunteers may be asked to help the School when relevant with the following functions:
- Offer suggestions of potential sources of corporate, individual or foundation donations
- Raise awareness of the School by attending public health and philanthropic events as agreed with volunteers and the Development Office, and network with potential donors or contacts that may be able to open doors to donors
- Attend meetings with prospective individual, corporate or foundation donors in order to promote the School. We recommend for volunteers to be accompanied by a member of a faculty or the Development team and volunteers would be properly briefed and prepared.
How to sign up
If you would like to volunteer please get in touch! To sign up as an official Alumni Volunteer please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV. We will contact you upon receipt of your email and will add your details to the database. For further information or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)20 7299 4772.