Visa Information for LSHTM Graduates
The Government announced the following changes to the Post Study Work scheme on 22 March 2011:
• The current Post-Study Work scheme is closed as of 5 April 2012. It is therefore no longer possible to apply for a Post Study Work visa.
• Those graduating from a UK university with a recognised degree, PGCE, or PGDE will be able to switch within the UK to a Tier 2 visa (Tier 2 is for skilled workers who have a permanent job offer).
• There will not be a limit on the number of people allowed to switch from Tier 4 (student) to Tier 2.
• They will only be able to switch if they are in the UK, before their student visa expires.
• The normal Tier 2 requirements will apply, except for the Resident Labour Market Test (this means that employers do not have to show they have advertised to UK/EU residents).
You can visit the UKCISA website for an explanation of the changes and for information about other routes to working in the UK. Please note that LSHTM is not able to offer further advice on post study work options in the UK.
The information on this web-page is given in good faith, but LSHTM can accept no legal responsibility for its accuracy.