Dr Heidi Stöckl Diplom MSc PhD
- Heidi Stöckl's Contacts
- Gender Violence and Health Centre
- 15-17 Tavistock Place
- WC1H 9SH
- T: 00442079272506
Heidi Stöckl is an Associate Professor at the Social and Mathematical Epidemiology Group and the Gender Violence and Health Centre in the Department of Global Health and Development at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and an Honory Senior Lecturer in Clinical Medicine at the University of Witwatersrand. She holds a PhD in Evidence-based Social Intervention from the University of Oxford, Nuffield College, funded by a Rhodes Scholarship. She currently holds a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Basic Statistics for Public Health
Health Policy, Process and Power
Principles of Social Research
Heidi's main areas of research are:
1. Prevalence, risk factors and health outcomes of intimate partner violence and women's coping strategies, with a special focus on pregnancy, adolescents and older women
2. Longitudinal studies on intimate partner violence
3. Women's economic empowerment and intimate partner violence
4. Interventions addressing intimate partner violence and vertical transmission of HIV
5. Intimate partner homicide and femicide
6. Human trafficking and labour exploitation
Heidi is also involved in a WHO antenatal care study to address intimate partner violence during pregnancy in South Africa.
- Adolescent health
- Behaviour change
- Child health
- Complex interventions
- Global Health
- Health outcomes
- Health services
- Health services research
- Health systems
- Maternal health
- Mixed methods
- Neonatal health
- Older people's health
- Perinatal health
- Public health
- Reproductive health
- Sexual health
- Social and structural determinants of health
- Statistical methods
- Systematic reviews
- Political science
- Social Sciences
Disease and Health Conditions
- East Asia & Pacific (all income levels)
- Europe & Central Asia (all income levels)
- European Union
- Sub-Saharan Africa (all income levels)
- Korea, Dem. Rep.
- Korea, Rep.
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian Aid
- Intimate Partner Violence
- human trafficking
The global prevalence of intimate partner homicide: a systematic review.
Stöckl, H.; Devries, K.; Rotstein, A.; Abrahams, N.; Campbell, J.; Watts, C.; Moreno, C.G.;
Lancet, 2013; 382(9895):859-65
Intimate Partner Violence Against Older Women in Germany: Prevalence and Associated Factors.
Stöckl, H.; Watts, C.; Penhale, B.;
J Interpers Violence, 2012; 27(13):2545-64
Induced abortion, pregnancy loss and intimate partner violence in Tanzania: a population based study.
Stöckl, H. ; Filippi, V. ; Watts, C. ; Mbwambo, J.K. ;
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth, 2012; 12:12
Prevalence and risk of violence and the physical, mental, and sexual health problems associated with human trafficking: systematic review.
Oram, S. ; Stoeckl, H. ; Busza, J. ; Howard, L.M. ; Zimmerman, C. ;
PLoS Med, 2012; 9(5):e1001224
Factors associated with violence by a current partner in a nationally representative sample of German women.
Stöckl, H.; Heise, L.; Watts, C.;
Sociol Health Illn, 2011; 33(5):694-709
Partner, workplace, and stranger abuse during pregnancy in Germany.
Stoeckl, H.; Hertlein, L.; Friese, K.; Stoeckl, D.;
Int J Gynaecol Obstet, 2010; 111(2):136-139
Physical violence by a partner during pregnancy in Tanzania: prevalence and risk factors.
Stöckl, H.; Watts, C.; Kilonzo Mbwambo, J.K.;
Reprod Health Matters, 2010; 18(36):171-80
- → View all Dr Heidi Stöckl 's publications