Dr Harry Rutter MA MB BChir MSc PGDipLATHE FFPH FRCPEdin
Public health physician with expertise in obesity and its determinants, transport, environment, complexity, systems, knowledge translation, policy
- 15-17 Tavistock Place
- WC1H 9SH
- T: 020 7927 2971
- Follow me
I was the founder director of the National Obesity Observatory 2007-2011. I led the establishment of the Department of Health National Child Measurement Programme; and I was a core contributor to the WHO Health Economic Assessment Tool for Walking and Cycling
- Adjunct Professor of Public Health, University College Cork Dept of Epidemiology and Public Health
- Chair - NICE Programme Delivery Group on guidance on walking and cycling
- Chair - scientific advisory board for the Irish Health Review Board Centre for Health and Diet Research
- Member, editorial board, Journal of Transport and Health
- Member - Department of Health Expert Advisory Group on obesity (to 2011)
- Member - project management team for Foresight obesity project
- Member - NICE Programme Delivery Group Obesity: working with local communities
- Member - International Advisory Board for the Canadian CAPTURE project
- External examiner, MsC Health Policy, City University
- Trustee - Centre for Sustainable Healthcare
Issues in Public Health: obesity
Spotlight - Sustainable Prevention of Obesity through Integrated Strategies
iConnect - Impact of constructing non-motorised networks and evaluating changes in travel
PHOENIX - Public Health England Obesity: thE New Infrastructure eXamined
- Complex interventions
- Health promotion
- Public health
- Research : policy relationship
- Social and structural determinants of health
- Policy analysis
Disease and Health Conditions
- Chronic disease
- Behavioural And Cultural Change
- NCDs-Intervention Research
Economic impact of reduced mortality due to increased cycling.
Rutter, H. ; Cavill, N. ; Racioppi, F. ; Dinsdale, H. ; Oja, P. ; Kahlmeier, S. ;
Am J Prev Med, 2013; 44(1):89-92
Development of a Standard Evaluation Framework for Weight Management Interventions.
Ells, L.J. ; Cavill, N. ; Roberts, K. ; Rutter, H. ;
Public Health, 2013;
Evaluating the travel, physical activity and carbon impacts of a 'natural experiment' in the provision of new walking and cycling infrastructure: methods for the core module of the iConnect study.
Ogilvie, D. ; Bull, F. ; Cooper, A. ; Rutter, H. ; Adams, E. ; Brand, C. ; Ghali, K. ; Jones, T. ; Mutrie, N. ; Powell, J. ; Preston, J. ; Sahlqvist, S. ; Song, Y. ; on behalf of the iConnect Consortium, . ;
BMJ Open, 2012; 2(1)
The single most important intervention to tackle obesity…
Int J Public Health, 2012;
An applied ecological framework for evaluating infrastructure to promote walking and cycling: the iConnect study.
Ogilvie, D. ; Bull, F. ; Powell, J. ; Cooper, A.R. ; Brand, C. ; Mutrie, N. ; Preston, J. ; Rutter, H. ; iConnect Consortium, . ;
Am J Public Health, 2011; 101(3):473-81
Where next for obesity?
Rutter, H. ;
Lancet, 2011; 378(9793):746-7
Implications of the foresight obesity system map for solutions to childhood obesity.
Finegood, D.T. ; Merth, T.D. ; Rutter, H. ;
Obesity (Silver Spring), 2010; 18 Suppl 1:S13-6
Who owns the roads? How motorised traffic discourages walking and bicycling.
Jacobsen, P.L. ; Racioppi, F. ; Rutter, H. ;
Inj Prev, 2009; 15(6):369-73
- → View all Dr Harry Rutter's publications